
My favorite blog homework was posting a response to what you thought Mario Llosa's most compelling argument was in the article "Why Literature?"
I view this as my favorite blog homework because I really enjoyed reading the article. In class we had just learned about annotation and was assigned this article to annotate. At first I wasn't excited, but as I read the article, I got more and more intersted. Llosa presented many compelling claims that really got me thinking about literature and it's importance to the world's society functioning. The one claim that stood out most is the one I posted about(below) and it was about a comment Bill Gates made. Read it to find out more.
I posted:
"Mario Llosa's most compelling argument is that he would have booed Bill Gates for wanting to abolish paper and books and that computer screens would replace them. I would have booed Gates right along with Llosa. Reading a factual book on a computer is better, but not when reading a fictional book. I say that you can't curl up and enjoy a book on a computer screen like you can curl up with a printed book and get lost in its universe!"

No comments:
Post a Comment