
As quarter two comes to a close, my list of books read has grown by two. I have read two more plays Tartuffe and Othello. At first sight Othello looked like it would not be enjoyable to read because it was written in Shakespearian language. I soon discovered that I was wrong and that I could interpret Shakespeare’s writings, which has encourage me to read more of his works. The readings both involve a central character with alternative motives. These two characters are evil but concealed their true natures until they obtained what they wanted. I really enjoyed the readings as Molière used a lighter tone in writing about the hypocrite Tartuffe and Shakespeare used a heavier tone in writing the villainous Iago. As I read these plays I gained the knowledge of analyzing characters. I studied what makes that character noticeable by identifying their flaws. I still falter with annotation and analyzing the meaning behind the text. As next quarter approaches, I look forward to expanding my list even further with books that at first look menacing, but in reality aren’t.
“I’ve stepped my game up,” is a saying I would use to describe my writings this quarter. I am slowly breaking down the walls that have stopped me from advancing to the next level in my writing. Most surprisingly I improved in the area of analysis. First quarter made the analysis process a daunting task, but it is now longer intimidating and comes unexpectedly quick. For this reason my papers have reached a new level as my intellect becomes more present in my writing. There are still some unyielding walls that stand in my way of progressing, but I am not scared to tackle those. These walls pertain to my weaknesses in the areas of timed-writes and motivation. I want to learn how to use my process for writing the quarter papers in a productive way for my time-writes. I still have not found the motivation needed to produce a great writing and this is mostly a result from my laziness and tendency to procrastinate. My writing goal for next quarter is still the same as it was first quarter. I want to make Ms. Ahearn say "Wow" when she reads one of my works. I want her to be surprised and in shock at what I wrote. This is why I strongly look forward to the rigorous third quarter and its many readings.
The promises that third quarter will bring look surprisingly appetizing. I only hope to expand my literature knowledge more before I take the big leap to college. This class continues to prove its usefulness as the year goes on because I know that I am getting the best preparation for succeeding at a university. I write better papers with the steps Ms. Ahearn makes us take when preparing to write a paper and learn more tips for dissecting a reading. Senioritis has taken full affect, but I am not going to let this stop me from reaching my full potential in this class.

No comments:
Post a Comment